Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Product Plug Time

As you all know, it is JustSaying's policy to encourage minimal consumption on multiple levels. Whether in the realm of food, packaging, or purchasing - the best option is to stay local. Shopping at farmers markets, yard sales, and opting for lightly used and  re-purposed items from friends and family (instead of the latest "Made in China" choice that claims greenliness) is not only eco-friendlier, it's cheaper.

Having said that, every once in a while a sparkling green gem pops up in the market and I feel it is my duty to share it with you folks. That gem is: Kinetic Go Green Premium Food Storage Containers

They are remarkable. Any fresh fruit lover knows the short shelf life of berries - particularly organic ones. That icky white mold creeps in within days and a sizeable portion of the fruit goes to waste. Well waste no more! These BPA free containers and their FDA approved, Nano Silver Technology, kept store-bought blueberries, raspberries and pomegranate seeds perfectly fresh in the fridge for more than two weeks. Probably even longer had I not used them in my smoothie this morning. Apparently the containers are infused with Nano-sized particles of silver that reduce the growth of mold, fungus and bacteria. The brand also makes glassware that - like the premium plasticware - is airtight and microwave safe. Find it here.

My sister gave me a set of these for Christmas and I absolutely had to leave one at her house to help fruit stay fresh for longer for my little niece. I highly, highly, highly recommend these for yourself, for wedding gifts, for house-warming gifts, etc. They are obviously a tad more pricey than regular tupperware but I assure you they will more than pay off their investment. They also have a Baby Safe line of products for the moms out there (although I haven't heard any complaints about the popular Born Free brand).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Deb, I thought maybe you'd like to go to this! just saying... :D


http://www.americanprogress.org/events/2010/02/climatescience.html