Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My Holiday Project


Reduce. Reuse. Re-purpose. Recycle.

First and foremost I have to thank my mom, LM, for this inspired idea. Without her keen ability to recognize creative and unique ideas and share them with me, these old holiday cards would have been headed towards the recycling plant having served the single purpose of sending a merry wish to a friends or family members. Thanks to LM, they are enjoying a longer, multipurpose life not only as gift tags, but as handmade eco-friendly gifts-that-then-keep-on-giving to my family, co-workers, and blog-supporters; as a fun and hopefully annual holiday project inspiring creative cutting and pasting in even the most macho member of my household; as useful items during tough economic times; and as environmental conversation (and maybe conservation?) starters with recipients.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really great idea! Wish I had saved old cards from last year!

Anonymous said...

look at you getting crafty on me. :)