- Arthur Baker
This Friday, February 24th 2012, Brookside Gardens is hosting their third and final food-focused symposium titled: Green Matters: Urban Farming Pioneers. The all-day event will highlight innovative approaches to feeding the world's population and feature the following speakers:
- Dickson Despommier, Columbia University Emeritus Professor and author of The Vertical Farm: Feeding the World in the 21st Century
- Kathleen Merrigan, Deputy Secretary of the U.S. Department of Agriculture speaking about the Know Your Farmer, Know Your Food initiative
- Darrin Nordahl, Landscape Architect and author of Public Produce
- Ben Flanner, Head Farmer/CEO and co-founder of the Brooklyn Grande Rooftop Farm
- Jeff Semler, Maryland State Coordinator of Sustainable Agriculture Research & Education (SARE)
For more information and to register for the conference, visit the Brookside Gardens: Green Matters website.