Monday, March 30, 2009

Really??

If ever you are feeling down, might I suggest visiting the grocery store with your nuclear family. It is sort of like going back in time. If you're lucky, your mom may even buy you the most awesome, roaring, LED T-Rex key chain you never knew you wanted. Another perk: You get to discover silly food-like-substances, like the one pictured below, and their equally absurd (and upsetting) marketing strategies.


There is so much that I want to say about this but perhaps it is one of those cases where a picture is worth a thousand words. But seriously, who thought this was a good idea?

4 comments:

becky said...

A picture is worth a thousand words.....so I think "just saying" says it all.

Deborah said...

haha. I also wonder how freakin' disconnected these marketing folks have to be in order to completely miss the pop culture definition of a chubby. lol. "Hey Jimmy, you should taste this chubby! It tastes like bubble gum!"

Filatore said...

Or maybe they know exactly what it means???

For the record, when I was a kid, I had to wear "Husky" brand jeans. I'm still sensitive about jeans that make my butt look big.

Deborah said...

Speaking of marketers knowing exactly what suggestive sh*t they are putting out there. Have you seen the latest commercial for some women's razor that clearly suggests landscaping the "private zone" via a journey through topiaries taking shape??