Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Eat Well

Last weekend, my sister and I were talking about the phenomenon of convenience - how we, as American consumers, are willing to pay extra for prepared or processed foods - because for many of us, that convenience has become the norm and the other huge piece is: it seems to be the most affordable way to eat. (The conversation came about as I was spouting out facts I've learned from the first few chapters of Paul Roberts, "The End of Food." )

So what's the solution? Is there a convenient way to eat local and organic produce and meat? Well, when I talked to the extraordinarily eco-conscious Eli Halliwell, CEO of Jurilique - a cosmetic company using only natural ingredients grown on a biodynamic farm in Australia, he gave me some suggestions and insight into Coops, Farmers Markets and most of all: Sustainability. I did a little research and it turns out there is a pretty convenient way to locate and endorse an eco-friendly farm near you. It's as easy as... typing in your zip below:


No comments: